Now Hiring – Hardware Store Manager
The Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that every aspect of GR Mitchell’s True Value Hardware store is exceeding service, merchandising, inventory, shrink, and profitability standards. This full-time role will be expected to lead a team of retail associates in providing a great shopping experience for contractors, homeowners, and other members of the local community.
Some construction experience and/or knowledge of tools, hardware, paint, garden, lumber, etc required.
Some retail management or team lead experience required.
Located at 14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA 17584.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customer in retail hardware store quickly and cheerfully
- Open and/or close the store independently on various days of the week
- “Check out” customer with merchandise at cash register. Requires use of and proficiency with Windows-based computer
- Mix paint, rescreen windows, make keys, and provide other services as needed
- Aide in inventory management; Monitor levels of product and manage the purchasing of product from both True Value’s web portal and local vendors (mulch, flowers, etc), check-in & stocking of merchandise, maintain organization of store, reset displays and make merchandising labels, signs, etc.
- Provide customer service in store to include: loading merchandise in customer vehicle (must be able to lift 50 pounds) and setting up deliveries for customer purchases
- Provide employee training, administer employee reviews and disciplinary actions, assist in developing schedules
- Answer incoming phone calls and email inquiries to help customer and/or direct communication to another employee or department
- Evaluate opportunities to improve store’s gross profit as well as improve profit margin
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager to plan and promote True Value flyers, new products, discounts, events, etc
- May perform other special projects like seasonal participation in community events, etc
- Position includes some weekend and evening hours
- Ability to drive, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and move heavier objects
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- Opportunities for overtime compensation
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing
- Employee discount
- Being a valued member of a caring, fun workplace
14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA 17584
May 15, 2020
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload your printed application using this form.
To simplify the process, you can also fill out our online application and submit it below.