Now Hiring – Lumber Estimator
Lumber sales drive a large portion of GR Mitchell’s supply business, so having the right lumber estimators on staff is vital to the accuracy of our estimates and the profitability of our business.
Lumber Estimators are responsible for reviewing customer-provided plans and specifications in order to develop material takeoffs for both commercial and residential building projects. This role will coordinate with GR Mitchell sales staff to ensure customer expectations and building material needs are being met through the established estimates.
The ability to read and analyze blueprints and other building diagrams is a requirement for this role. 5 years of experience within the construction industry, specifically related to lumber, is required. Understanding of current building codes and the wood framing process is also preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize company-provided computer software (e.g. eTakeoff) to develop material takeoffs based upon provided plans; use of a Windows-based PC
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the building process, existing codes/regulations, and the lumber market
- Maintain awareness of both items stocked at GR Mitchell and those available for special order
- Use effective written and spoken communication skills in daily interactions with sales staff and occasional direct communication with builders/remodelers
- Physically report to 14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA to perform role
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing; quarterly & annual bonus program
- Employee discount
14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA 17584
January 19, 2021
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload your printed application using this form.
To simplify the process, you can also fill out our online application and submit it below.