Hoping to join a team that’s passionate about fixing problems, building to new heights, and going above and beyond for customers? GR Mitchell wants to grow their staff with motivated individuals with know-how and excitement to keep learning.
With three business locations and a wide variety of products and services available to our customers, our list of staffing needs is ever-changing. Review the open positions below and preview the details about each role. You can apply by downloading an application and submitting it in person, filling out our online application, or submitting your resume right from our website.
Inside Sales – Building Materials Counter
GR Mitchell is a building materials supply destination for contractors and homeowners. The sales staff at our building materials counter is tasked with servicing customers which includes, but is not limited to; Recommending the most appropriate product per job, researching product availability and pricing, and taking payment from customers. The perfect candidate for this role is dependable and well-organized, is focused on providing a pleasant customer experience, is comfortable operating a Windows-based PC, and has some prior experience in the building industry. This full-time, hourly position is based at GR Mitchell’s Willow Street location and requires availability Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 6 pm, and some Saturdays from 7 am – 5 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service for walk-in customers at GR Mitchell’s building materials sale counter, in addition to those that call or e-mail their inquiries
- Act as a knowledgeable resource for inquiries related to lumber, trim, windows, doors, and various other building materials sold at GR Mitchell (some training provided)
- Assist both commercial customers and homeowners with selection of appropriate materials per their specific project
- Aide in troubleshooting customer’s issues with product quality, mis-orders, and returns
- Utilize a Windows-based PC proficiently in order to process custom orders, complete monetary transactions, invoice account-based customers, and research product details
- Employ effective spoken and written communication skills during interactions with customers, product vendors, and coworkers
- Work cohesively with lumberyard/warehouse staff to ensure proper delivery and/or pick-up of customer orders
- Assist retail staff at GR Mitchell’s True Value hardware store when necessary
- Capitalize on opportunities to increase units per transaction, dollars per sale, and gross sales revenue
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- Opportunities for overtime compensation
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing
- Employee discount
- Being a valued member of a caring, fun workplace
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload using this form. Alternatively, you can fill out our online application below.
GR Mitchell, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.