Grand Re-Opening Celebration
We’re really sad to make this decision, but we feel we’ve been forced to postpone our grand reopening celebration. To ensure that this event is the best that it can be for our customers, we’ll be choosing new dates once it becomes a bit more clear as to when will be a better time to host this event. Thank you for your understanding and we deeply apologize for the change.
We’re sure you’ve noticed some changes happening at GR Mitchell. As we near the completion of our updates we want to thank you for your patience, support, and excitement for our growth. And what better way to say thank you than with an event that opens our doors to the community to celebrate our grand re-opening with us!
So, What Have We Been Up To?
- Construction of our 10,000 sq ft building that allowed for new office space, 2 meeting/conference rooms, a dedicated design office, and space for our showroom to grow
- Complete redesign of our kitchen and bath showroom space that includes beautiful cabinetry and countertops from Yorktowne, Wolf, Classic Rock, Cambria, and more
- Creation of new window and door display areas that will help you pick the perfect products whether you’re working with a contractor or buying direct
- With our office space moving into our addition, our True Value retail store had the opportunity to expand into that 5,000 sq ft space! More square footage and a redesigned layout means way more products that are easier to find.
What Kind Of Celebration Is This?
Our doors open at 7 am like any other Saturday, but the celebration really kicks off at 10 am with a live radio broadcast with Casey Allyn from I105!
With a focus on creating family-friendly fun we’ll have yard games and a face painter here to keep your young ones entertained, but there’s going to be a lot here for the adults in the family, too.
We’re offering our best prices of the year on various items through our store (as seen in our True Value flyer) plus you’ll have a chance to learn from the pros and ask questions about your next project: True Value paint experts will be here to show proper wood-staining techniques. Stihl will be here to guide you on your next landscaping project. Want to grow organic? Dr Earth will be here to share his products and answer your gardening questions. You’ll also see vendors from the construction space, like Rockwool, demonstrating their products and experts from Diablo ready to answer questions.
Curious about the new construction? Feel free to explore our new showroom spaces and tour through our new addition. Once you’re done checking out our addition and perusing the new store layout, pick-up some new hardware items at our new checkout area and head outside to spin our prize wheel for a chance to win GR Mitchell swag, food truck discount vouchers, and coupons for GR Mitchell.
More details to come as we get closer to the event, so be sure to check back here for updates!
- 07:00 AM – Hardware store opens for business, the first 100 sets of shoppers receive a free GR Mitchell tote that will include over $30 of free products.
- 10:00 AM – Casey Allyn from I105 kicks off the celebration with a 2 hour, live remote broadcast. Our talented face painter from Joyful Canvas also starts at ten and will stay as long as there’s plenty of excited participants ready to offer up their face as a canvas.
- 11:00 AM – Treat yourself to some lunch while you’re here! Get Smok’d will be here selling their delicious BBQ and The Good Life will be serving up Lancaster’s best ice cream until three! Spin GR Mitchell’s prize wheel for a chance to win food truck discount coupons.
- 1:00 PM – GR Mitchell will host its first-ever cornhole tournament. First place takes home a cash prize (winner-takes-all entry fees), second place wins custom GR Mitchell cornhole boards, and the third place team will take home a set of Yeti drinkware. Use the form below to sign-up. $10 registration fee per team (100% of entry fees collected used as tournament prize). See details below.
- 3:00 PM – Our product discounts will stay active until close (7:00 pm), but we’ll be wrapping up the celebration at 3:00.
- 7:00 PM – Closed for the day and grand re-opening discounts expire.
Cornhole Tournament Information
This 16 team, single-elimination tournament is another great reason to visit the grand re-opening celebration. A first-to-21 format and a 20 minute time limit per game will ensure a fun pace of play with minimal waiting between rounds. A $10 entry fee (for each team of 2) will go towards the winner-takes-all cash prize for first place! The second place team will receive one custom set of GR Mitchell cornhole boards. Third place will receive a set of Yeti drinkware. To enter yourself into the tournament, please fill out the form below. Entry fee must be provided to GR Mitchell in advance of April 18.
For questions, please send us a message.