Now Hiring – Dispatch Assistant
This full-time position’s core responsibility is to assist the Logistics Manager in arranging for the accurate and timely delivery of building material orders including, but not limited to, lumber, trim, windows, etc. This role also assists with the receipt, control, and distribution of product inventory as well as various administrative functions.
With the coordination of product transportation aided by this position, it requires a candidate that is well organized, excels at defining and adhering to schedules, has strong verbal and written communication skills, and has the desire to exceed customer expectations in regard to timeliness and accuracy of deliveries. The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and make decisions while keeping customer expectations their top priority is essential to success in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scheduling building material deliveries for home builder, contractor, and homeowner building material orders
- Help Logistics Manager to evaluate order demands and fleet capacity to ensure proper vehicle resources and manpower availability
- Aide in the organization of inventory, delivery paperwork, warehouse office, etc
- Communicate with delivery drivers and yard hands to ensure orders are staged and ready for delivery as scheduled
- Assist delivery drivers in troubleshooting issues with delivery location, roadwork/traffic delays, and other issues
- Assist Logistics Manager in coordinating the availability of inventory between two physical warehouse locations (Willow Street and Strasburg), cleanliness and organization of each storing facility, and other related tasks
- Physically report to GR Mitchell’s Willow Street lumberyard/warehouse to perform role
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- Opportunities for overtime compensation
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing
- Employee discount
- Being a valued member of a caring, fun workplace
14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA 17584
May 4, 2020
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload your printed application using this form.
To simplify the process, you can also fill out our online application and submit it below.