Now Hiring – Kitchen Design & Sales
This full-time position, based out of our York showroom, is best suited for a design professional with a flair for customer service and sales. You’ll serve as the design expert for both commercial and residential contractors, as well as retail customers, for new builds and remodels. A solid foundational knowledge of kitchen and bath design is necessary to excel in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a product expert and speak knowledgeably about various lines of cabinetry, countertops, and hardware (ie Yorktowne, Wolf, Cambria, etc). This will require ongoing training with manufacturers and potentially plant visits.
- Use of active listening skills to take customer requests/feedback and specify the style, functionality, and dimensions of kitchen products needed to achieve the customers’ vision at their requested budget. Be adaptable when addressing plan issues and troubleshooting areas of concern
- Develop lasting business relationships with builders and general contractors
- Provide ‘5-star review’ worthy service to our residential customers
- Occasional visits to jobsites to: take measurements, ensure quality and accuracy of deliveries, gauge customer satisfaction (including troubleshooting product issues), take pictures to be used in future marketing efforts (with permission). Reach is generally within York, Harrisburg, Lancaster area
- Occasional visits to GR Mitchell’s home office and showroom in Willow Street, PA
- Proficiency with 2020 software for kitchen and bath remodeling; develop layouts/plans, generating quotes, present them to customers
- Ability to read a scale (ruler) and blueprints
- Use Windows-based PC and Microsoft Office suite
- Physical ability to assist in the unloading of trucks, which may require lifting of 50+ pounds. Processing the physical paperwork that accompanies deliveries will also be required
- Full-time hours (40+) that may require occasional evening hours (by appointment) and will include Saturday hours based on a rotation with other showroom staff
- Knowledge of building codes and/or interior design certifications are not required but would be beneficial when performing this role
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing
- Employee discount
- Being a valued member of a caring, fun workplace
2412 Eastern Blvd., York, PA 17568
August 1, 2019
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload your printed application or your resume using this form. Alternatively, you can fill out our online application below.