Now Hiring – Inside Sales At Our Building Materials Counter
GR Mitchell is a building materials supply destination for contractors and homeowners. The sales staff at our building materials counter is tasked with servicing customers which includes, but is not limited to; Recommending the most appropriate product per job, researching product availability and pricing, and taking payment from customers. The perfect candidate for this role is dependable and well-organized, is focused on providing a pleasant customer experience, is comfortable operating a Windows-based PC, and has some prior experience in the building industry. This full-time, hourly position is based at GR Mitchell’s Willow Street location and requires availability Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 6 pm, some Saturdays from 7 am – 5 pm and possibly Sundays.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service for walk-in customers at GR Mitchell’s building materials sale counter, in addition to those that call or e-mail their inquiries
- Act as a knowledgeable resource for inquiries related to lumber, trim, windows, doors, and various other building materials sold at GR Mitchell (some training provided)
- Assist both commercial customers and homeowners with selection of appropriate materials per their specific project
- Aide in troubleshooting customer’s issues with product quality, mis-orders, and returns
- Utilize a Windows-based PC proficiently in order to process custom orders, complete monetary transactions, invoice account-based customers, and research product details
- Employ effective spoken and written communication skills during interactions with customers, product vendors, and coworkers
- Work cohesively with lumberyard/warehouse staff to ensure proper delivery and/or pick-up of customer orders
- Assist retail staff at GR Mitchell’s True Value hardware store when necessary
- Capitalize on opportunities to increase units per transaction, dollars per sale, and gross sales revenue
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Holiday hours, vacation days, and personal time
- Opportunities for overtime compensation
- 401k after one year of service
- Profit sharing
- Employee discount
- Being a valued member of a caring, fun workplace
14 Beaver Valley Pike, Willow Street, PA 17584
June 21, 2020
Download An Application and submit it in person at our Willow Street location or upload your printed application using this form.
To simplify the process, you can also fill out our online application and submit it below.